Smile in the mirror which reflects your personality. In today’s society, people desire having naturally beautiful smiles that are in harmony with their physical characteristics and expressive of their personalities. Every one wants to look perfect, whether in professional or in social life. However, any kind of problem with teeth can be a black mark on one’s smile and affects one’s self confidence.
So comes the concept of DIGITAL SMILE DESIGN. It takes an artistic vision and the ability to harness new technology to become a great designer of digital smiles. Dr. Gaurav Malik first dentist in tricity to put forward the concept of DSD and gave many patient’s beautiful smiles which gives them confidence and raise their moral.
What is Digital Smile Design? ( DSD )
DSD is a multipurpose conceptual protocol which provides remarkable advantages:
- The diagnostic abilities are facilitated through an extra-and-intra oral aesthetic and structural evaluation
- Improved communication between the team members providing a better visual perception, education and motivation for patients
- Increased effectiveness of case presentation and accordingly case acceptance
- Clinical efficiency and predictability trough digital technology
The excellence in functional and aesthetic dentistry is never achieved by accident. It is consistently achieved by a systematic approach for diagnosis, communication, treatment planning, execution, and case maintenance.
WHOLE CONCEPT of DSD is based upon
- The analysis of the patients facial and dental proportions,
- Utilising a predetermined series of high quality digital photographs
- Videos understanding
- The relationship between teeth, gums, lips, smile with the facial features in motion and with emotion.
Digital drawings are easily made on the pictures, following a didactical equence and a digital ruler is provided to precisely communicate with the dental technician and team when designing the smile. Resulting in a clear, attractive and understandable treatment presentation for patients.
The achievement of ideal aesthetic and functional results critically depends on teamwork, interdisciplinary communication and case re-evaluation.
DSD ETHICALLY INVOLVES
- Patients in the restorative or smile enhancement process
- Making them the co-designer of their own treatment by sharing objectives, expressing their desires and expectations with the restorative team
- Interaction between patient and dental specialist improved by photos and videos taken at several steps of the treatment.
The experiences all over the world have been tremendous. Once the restorative technical requirements are combined with the desires and emotional needs of the patient, great results will be achieved – creating a path to a natural, confident and beautiful smile.
Nowadays having a mouth free of biological and functional issues is not satisfying for demanding patients. Our dentist Dr. Gaurav Malik is trained and aware of all the contributing factors that are necessary to make patients more satisfied beyond conventional dentistry. Developing an artistic vision and a set of appropriate skills are needed in order to become a Digital Smile Designer. Each customised patient design can be clearly visualised and improved with the patients ideas. Therefore the DSD Concept allows dentists to implement these benefits for patients, creating a smile that reflects their own personality and greatly enhances the experience and the results for all.