The fear of contracting an illness or life-threatening disease from a dental procedure is being expressed by a large number of people. We at Dental Care, Max Super speciality Hospital(NABH accredited) prioritize the patients wellness and understand these concerns and strictly adhere NABH guidelines for sterilization.
We maintain and upgrade our infection control techniques by regularly attending appropriate seminars, continuing dental education lessons, and by holding staff meetings to insure that every member of our staff is familiar with current guidelines.
Some of the basic techniques we utilize are:
- The use of distilled/filtered water supplied to handpieces and air/water syringes.
- The cleaning and sanitizing of each operatory with appropriate chemical agents.
- The sterilization of all instruments, including handpieces, used intra-orally in an ultrasonic enzymatic cleaning , autoclave ,ethylene trioxide sterilization.
- ETO of all rubber and plastic items.
- Autoclaved instrument- Packing and pouching along with their expiry dates.
- The use of barriers on all equipment in each operatory and their disposal after each use.
- The wearing of gloves, masks and protective wear during any patient procedure to prevent cross-contamination
- Use of disposable instruments for HIV + and Hepititis –B patients.
- Proper waste disposal
The guidelines listed are basic and mandatory in the dental environment. If you have questions regarding the utilization of such techniques, you should feel free to ask your doctor, dental assistant to address your concerns.