- The habit: This habit can chip off teeth and impact your jaw.
- The solution: Bitter-tasting nail polishes, stress reduction and setting small, realistic goals can help. If certain situation triggers, hold something to keep your fingers busy.
Brushing Too Hard
- The habit: Brushing for two minutes twice a day is one of the best habits you can get into. Just make sure you’re not trying too hard. “Brushing with a hard toothbrush, or brushing too hard, can damage teeth and irritate gums.”
- The solution: Use a soft bristle toothbrush with proper brushing technique.
Grinding and Clenching
- The habit: Grinding and clenching can cause chipping or cracking of the teeth, as well as muscle tenderness or joint pain. “You might also feel like you can’t open your mouth wide or chew with pain.”
- The solution: “Relaxation exercises and staying aware makes a difference”. A nighttime mouth guard can also help. “You’ll have less tooth damage, less pain and muscle soreness and better sleep.”
Chewing Ice Cubes
- The habit: “Tooth enamel is a crystal. Ice is a crystal. When you push two crystals against each other, one will break”. “Most of the time it’s the ice, but sometimes the tooth or a filling will break.”
- The solution: Drink chilled beverages without ice, or use a straw so you’re not tempted.
- The habit: Grazing all day, especially on sugary foods and drinks, puts you at a higher risk for cavities. When you eat, cavity-causing bacteria feast leftover food, producing an acid that attacks the outer shell of your teeth.
- The solution: Eat balanced meals to feel fuller, longer. If you need a snack, make sure it’s low in fat and sugar.
Using Your Teeth As Tools
- The habit: Your teeth are made for eating, not to stand in as a pair of scissors or hold things when your hands are full. When you do this, you put yourself at a higher risk of cracking your teeth, injuring your jaw or accidentally swallowing something you shouldn’t.
- The solution: Stop and find something or someone to give you a hand. Your mouth will thank you.
Every tooth in a man’s head is more valuable than a diamond.” So be sure you take care of yours.
If you have any questions about our dental treatments or would like to book an appointment, please call our helpline number 991-444-6677 or email us at email@example.com