Yes you read it right. Design your own smile, and get the look you crave for. Have you been faced with a situation where you feel your smile will let you down? Do you have a ‘gummy’ smile? Are you embarrassed of how you look when you smile? Are you afraid of smiling for a photograph? Do you have asymmetrical teeth? If any of the answers is a yes, all you need is a Smile Design!
For the same there are various methods we implement which are highly patient specific.
Benefits of Smile Designing
- It helps you get back the confidence.
- No more cracks, missing teeth, and other teeth ailments.
- Better oral health.
- No more consciously suppressing your smile.
- Better chewing and better speech.
What Can Smile Designing Correct?
These issues are actually discussed during your initial visit to the dentist for a smile makeover. Below are some of the common smile complaints.
1. Crooked Teeth: Teeth that are twisted, overlapping, and crowded are commonly referred to as crooked teeth. In most of the cases, the lower front teeth are the most affected ones. They are can be aligned properly and can be straightened using braces (invisible or conventional). For quicker results, porcelain veneers may be suggested.
2. Broken or Chipped Teeth: Depending on the extent of damage, they can be repaired using treatment options like porcelain crowns, bonding, porcelain veneers, and others.
3. Missing Teeth: Missing tooth is the worst form of an imperfect smile. It can be caused due to oral health negligence or accidents. The missing spaces in the arch can be corrected using dental implants or bridges.
4. Alignment and Spacing: Some people have more space between the teeth. Apart from being unsightly, these gaps also lead to functional problems. The gaps can be reduced using veneers, composite resin bonding techniques, and invisible braces.
5. Gummy Smile: This can easily be rectified by our laser gum contouring. If you are not satisfied with the shade of your teeth, or if you have stained teeth, they can be treated with oral prophylaxis or professional teeth whitening.
6. Fuller Lips, Cheeks and Smile: Aged or unshapely face can be improved or enhanced using certain procedures like orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery.
7. Tooth Texture and Characterization: In order to make the teeth look more feminine or masculine, a dentist may recommend characterizing it with veneers or crowns.
What Does a Dentist Do in Smile Designing?
A cosmetic treatment plan consists of several restorative methods. Below is a list of things a we can do for shaping, sculpting and making your smile more enhanced and beautiful.
1. Tooth Colored Fillings: Natural-colored materials are used to fill up space in the teeth caused by cavities. Materials used for filling up space include resin, lab-made porcelain inlays and outlays.
2. Tooth Whitening: Our teeth can get stained for many reasons that include drinking coffee, smoking, taking alcohol and many others. Even aging can lead to discoloration of teeth. Teeth whitening is a process where the color of the teeth are restored to make them shiny and bright. This can be in 2 ways – either in-office bleach or laser treatment.
3. Veneers: Veneers are tooth-colored thin shells that are attached to the tooth (front part). They are usually custom made using materials like ceramic, composite resin, or porcelain.
4. Braces: Braces are one of the long lasting and best methods to fix crowded and crooked teeth. Over the years, braces have become much smaller and less noticeable. If you are still worried about the visibility of the braces then you can try transparent aligners – they are much discreet and blend in with tooth color.
5. Enamel Shaping: The dentist will reshape the teeth by contouring tooth enamel (outer layer of the tooth). This option is used when teeth appear a little crowded, uneven or too long. They improve the way your teeth look.
6. Crowns: If your tooth requires more dramatic change then crowns are the best option. This option will be chosen by the dentist when veneers and enamel shaping cannot provide, the desired result.
7. Length of the Tooth: Short teeth don’t provide a good appearance when you smile. Treatments for making teeth a bit longer include reshaping, lengthening the two front teeth, composite bonding, porcelain veneers and, others. Lengthening teeth also have an impact on overall facial appearance
8. Tooth Proportions: A pleasant smile has a correct proportion of two central teeth are dominant and with a width-to-length ratio (4-to-5). This proportion guides the other teeth in terms of length and width.
9. Gum Depigmentation: Beautiful gums are usually pink in color. However, some people have brown, dark brown and black gums – which look ugly aesthetically. The darkness in the gums is actually caused by melanin pigmentation. With latest technologies and developments, the dark pigmentation can be removed using lasers.
10. Gum Recontouring: Among smile makeover factors, it is very important that the size and shape of the teeth should be in proportionate with gums. Otherwise, the smile doesn’t look great.
The smile is the best make up one can wear, and then why not make it perfect. We realize the concerns of our patients and we assure great, perfectly natural looking results with International standards in check.